TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This completed form, sent to iRide London Limited (hereafter referred to as iRide London) is an offer by the company or business named on the attached Credit Account Application (hereafter referred to as the â€˜Clientâ€™) to contract with iRide London for the provision of its services on an account basis. A contract will be concluded only upon the issue by iRide London to the Client of written confirmation that the application has been accepted.
- The term â€œiRide/iRide London/iRide Londonâ€ shall include its drivers, employees, contractors and agents.
- iRide London reserves the right in its absolute discretion, and without giving reasons, to reject this application and to decline to enter into a contract.
- A contract shall only be concluded on the terms and conditions laid out herein. The contract shall be personal to both parties and absolutely non assignable.
- The Client shall notify iRide London of any change in the particulars shown on the Credit Application Form.Alterations take effect on the date shown in a confirmation notice issued by iRide London to the Client.
- iRide London will accept no bookings unless the Client account number is quoted. iRide London is entitled to assume that any person who correctly quotes the correct account number and Client name has authority to make booking(s) on behalf of the Client. The Client is solely responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of such numbers and shall be liable for the costs of all bookings made by any such person whether or not authorised by it.
- iRide London may in its absolute discretion without liability and without giving reason refuse to accept any booking.
- All accepted bookings are confirmed at the time of booking. The Client is liable for all charges incurred for the time when a private hire vehicle is assigned to the booking until the completion of the assignment or sooner cancellation. In the event of cancellation by the Client or passenger(s), the Client is also liable for such charges as may necessarily be incurred by iRide London consequently upon or in order to implement the cancellation. The liability of iRide London in the event of cancellation is set out at in point 4(d) below.
- Charges will be made on the basis set out below. The rate of each charge shall be fixed and revised by iRide London from time to time entirely at its discretion. Charges prevailing at any particular time are set out in the tariff card available upon application. Upon any changes in the charges the Client will be advised of the revised tariff indicating the date on which the new tariff takes effect. Items and basis of charges are:
- Minimum fixed charge for hiring.
- A charge based on the tariff laid down by Transport for London (TfL). Charges commence at the pickup time requested by the Client or, should no pick up time be specified, upon the arrival of the private hire vehicle, and cease on conclusion of the assignment, iRide London reserve the right to charge Clients where a private hire vehicle is supplied but is unable to collect the passenger(s) for whatever reason.
- Where waiting time in excess of 5 minutes is incurred at the pickup location an additional charge for waiting time shall be levied, calculated in accordance with the tariff as laid down by iRide London an in line with TfL requirements
- VAT is charged on the invoice amount and can therefore be claimed back where appropriate.
- Special charges may be incurred in particular cases. Such charges will be at the discretion of iRide London but will not be made without prior reference to the Client.
4. EXTENT OF IRIDE LONDON LIABILITY
- Any quoted pick up or journey times are best estimates only and whilst it uses all reasonable efforts to convey passenger(s) to their destinations in the shortest possible time iRide London shall have no liability if a pick up or journey time exceeds any estimate given or otherwise exceeds the Clients or the passengerâ€™s expectations for whatever reason nor shall iRide London have any other liability to the Client or the passenger(s) in connection with the time at which the passenger(s) reach or fail to reach the destination.
- iRide London shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs, claims or expenses (whether foreseeable or not).
- It shall be for the Client and/or passenger(s) to ensure that any valuable, unusual or any other items are covered by appropriate insurance. iRide London cannot entertain any claim for loss or damage to any such items.
- If iRide London cancels a booking it shall have no liability to the Client or intended passenger(s) if it has used its reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify the Client of the cancellation.
- The Client shall notify iRide London of any claim or complaint within one month of the date of the journey or, if later, the first date on which the Client became aware of (or if sooner should have been aware of) the matter.
5. ACCOUNTS AND PAYMENTS
- Invoices are issued to the Clients address shown on the Credit Application Form. A statement of account will be issued at the end of each month.
- Settlement in full is due no later than 28 days after the invoice date.
- iRide London reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid accounts in accordance with the â€œLate Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998â€
- The Client shall pay iRide London any reasonable expenses (including those charged by any debt collection
agency) together with all legal and court costs incurred in the collection of any overdue account, and the
minimum charge in this respect shall be Â£50.00.
- Payment is by cheque payable to iRide London and remitted to iRide London Accounts Department at 311
Finchley Road, London, NW3 6EH or by such other methods (such as Direct Debit, BACS, etc) as may be agreed
in writing by iRide London.
- Queries must be notified in writing to iRide London within 14 days of receipt of the account after which date
the Client shall not be entitled to dispute the amount save for manifest or gross error.
6. TERMINATION OF ACCOUNTS
- The account is terminable by either party in writing giving seven days notice at any time without reason being given and may also with immediate effect be terminated by iRide London without notice at any time if any amount due is not paid by the Client.
- Upon termination of the account for whatever reason all sums payable to or chargeable by iRide London or otherwise appearing on the Clients account shall become immediately due and payable in full if not already due and payable.
7. ALTERATIONS TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- iRide London reserves the right to alter or vary these terms and conditions in any respect at its absolute discretion upon notifying the Client of the relevant alterations and of the date upon which such alterations take effect.
8. APPLICABLE LAW
- The Law of England applies.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this contract